Society of Science Research Fellow in Applied and Computational Mathematics, University of Notre Dame.
- Piola transformation theory and implementation of finite element bases
- Elasticity complexes and the discretisation of elastic stress and strain
- Multicomponent fluid flows
- Fluid-structure interaction
Preprints:Aznaran, F. R. A., Farrell, P. E., Monroe, C. W., and Van-Brunt, A. J., Finite element methods for multicomponent convection-diffusion, Sept. 2022, arXiv:2208.11949 [bib, pdf]
Publications:Aznaran, F. R. A., Kirby, R. C., and Farrell, P. E., Transformations for Piola-mapped elements, SMAI Journal of Computational Mathematics, Vol. 8 (2022), pp. 399–437, DOI: 10.5802/smai-jcm.91 [bib, pdf]
- 2023–present: Society of Science Research Fellow in Applied and Computational Mathematics and Statistics, University of Notre Dame, Indiana.
- 2022–23: EPSRC Postdoctoral Research Associate (independent), Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford.
- Mar–Apr 2023: Visiting Scholar, Department of Mathematics, Baylor University, Texas.
- 2018–22: DPhil candidate in Numerical Analysis/OxPDE (via the EPSRC CDT in PDEs), The Queen's College, University of Oxford.
- Thesis: Discretisation of Hodge Laplacians in the elasticity complex.
- 2017–18: MASt Applied Mathematics (Part III), Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge.
- Essay: Highly oscillatory quadrature.
- 2014–17: BSc Mathematics, University of Warwick.
- ICIAM 2023 minisymposium: Finite element complexes for structure-preservation in continuum mechanics.
- Summer project available: Nonlinear elasticity and Newton's method in infinite dimensions, with Dr Charles Parker II, for 3rd/4th year undergraduates at Oxford.
- Oxford FEM reading group is now organised by Charles Parker II; see here for texts covered Jan 2020 – Aug 2023.
- SIAM Annual Meeting 2022 minisymposium: Nonlinear viscous flow: Numerical methods and applications. MS30 Part I, MS57 Part II, MS85 Part III.
242 Hayes-Healy Center, Notre Dame, Indiana, 46556, USA